Camerav4l2 - Player module
This is a module to Player server that allows capturing from V4L2 compatible device. It is compatible with existing
- Marcin Rudowski
player_interface_camera interface, allowing to use new framegrabbers with existing code. Beside that, new features were added (see camerav4l2 for full usage description):
New functions to control capture parameters are accessible by Client level libraries in C and C++. C++ one extends existing CameraProxy with new methods and attributes to take benefit of driver abilities.
- rich configuration with player *.cfg file
- wide range of pixel format modes (all supported by v4l2 device driver). Image data are passed without any convertion, and new modes need client handling.
- all settings except device path can be changed while usage, without need to restart Player server with new config file. This can be done by apropriate Client level libraries
- support for selecting field interleaving type and video norm (pal/secam/ntsc)
- reduced server cpu usage by minimizing copying and conversions. Only raw data in format generated by v4l2 driver is passed to client. Any conversions (ex. YUV->RGB) can be done outside capture module, in new module or in client application.
Note, that only some PixelFormats modes are compatible with existing
player_interface_camera interface. When using new types, please use additional functions of client libraries. Pixel format values passed with frame are set to be compatible with existing interface and doesn't hide new modes.
Generated on Thu Jun 29 22:04:42 2006 for Camerav4l2 by